Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Processional song ???? What to do?

If there is one thing I was always sure of when I thought of my wedding is that I did not want to have traditional ceremony music.


I also knew that I did not want to get married in a church, so I knew I did not have to play by their rules.


Thank goodness I have fallen in love with a man that seems to think the same as I about all this.


We want music that represents us - that means something to us.


I wanted to put videos on here - but somehow I have misplaced that knowledge. I will do links for now - just so I can get a post up - its been awhile. Maybe later it will come to me.


Here are some songs we are leaning towards ( strictly just our for our processional songs - other parts of ceremony and reception will come later!)


Here, There, Everywhere - By the Beatles
In My Life - The Beatles
The Luckiest - Ben Folds
Running on faith - Eric Clapton


I made sure they were all acoustic covers - because that is what we are going to have at our wedding. All though - I have to say my friend Sean is a lot better than these guys, but I am biased.


I think we would shorten up the song "the luckiest".


what are you all doing for your music?

Or any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I love both the Beatles songs you listed! I’ll be walking down the aisle to the wedding processional from The Sound of Music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would add "someone like you" be Van Morrison... have a happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete